Impressionistic Photography Gallery
| Charitable Contributions
For every image sold, a percentage of the sale price is donated to
help support a variety of needs as they arise. Some of the contributions include:
- Monks in retreat in Tharpaling, Bhutan
- Pema Choling, Bhutan's first Nun's Buddhist college. For more information or to make an offering, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Java Arts, supporting contemporary art in Cambodia www.javaarts.org
- Popil Photography Gallery, Photography classes for Khmer students in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Artwork donated to fundraising auctions for:
- UNIFEM, Singapore.
- San Jose Christian School, San Jose, California.
- Glenridge Cooperative Nursery School, San Francisco, California.
- Rangjung Yeshe Institue, Kathmandu, Nepal www.shedra.org
- Sports equipment for children in Karen State, Burma
- Support for an Art Exhibition in Seattle, WA, USA for Burmese and Karen artist living on the Thai-Burma border.
- Donations towards a variety of Chagdud Gonpa Buddhist activites in Brazil and California. For more infomation, please visit www.chagdud.org
- Donations towards Ruby, a refugee teacher in a refugee camp on the Thai-Burma border, to pay medical bills for his Leukemia treatments. (2009 update: Ruby is strong and healthy, is married and had a baby girl in Dec 2008. He teaches Science in a refugee camp.)
- Donations to the EIP (English Immersion Program), an excellent school in a refugee camp on the Thai-Myanmar border. For more information or to make a contribution, visit http://worlded-thailand.org
- Donations towards heart surgeries for children on the Thai-Burma border.
- Donations to the Ganesh Foundation to sponsor surgeries for
cleft-lip and cleft-palate patients in Nepal. For more information or to make a contribution, email email@example.com.
- Annual sponsorship of Tibetan Monks in retreat in Nepal.
For more information on the teachings of Tibetan Buddhist Master, H.E. Chagdug Tulku Rinpoche, visit www.chagdud.org
- Medical treatments for Tibetan teachers and monks.
- Contributions towards medical treatments for patients in Thailand.
- New flooring for an orphanage on the Thai-Burma border.
- Bedding for infants in an orphanage on the Thai-Burma border.
- Supplies and materials to support teachers and students in
refugee camps on the Thai-Myanmar border.
- Art supplies for a refugee camp on the Thai-Burma border.
- Funding for a village clinic and schools on the Thai-Burma
- Funding of a variety of village activities on the Thai-Burma
All images © Sandy Shum 2002, all rights reserved.